Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Don't give up on them

Growing up in the South, family is truly a cornerstone. We would gather every weekend just to hang out. In addition, we spent every Christmas together. I'm talking parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. Our family is (was) so intertwined, that I have a cousin that I call brother and another cousin that I call sister. We were just close like that. I could say that I don't know what happened. But, I do. Satan. See, he is so slick. He infiltrates and destroys everything. All he needs is one little argument, just a little jealousy, a little nastiness....and he will destroy everything in his path. That's what he did. Long gone are the family cook-outs, the Christmas morning breakfasts, the birthday parties, baby showers, etc. 

The Bible tells us that Satan came to steal, to kill and to destroy (John 10:10). And, y'all, he has stolen, killed and destroyed within my family for entirely too long. I'm not taking it anymore. I refuse for my family to continue to go down this path. There are so many Biblical promises that are relevant! God said that He would restore all that we have lost to the swarming locusts (Joel 2:25).  The one scriptur that I'm going to focus on is:

Mark 11:24 ESV 

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.


I'm going to believe, no matter bad it looks, no matter how much they gossip about one another, no matter how much they seem to hate each other. I will believe that God is going to do a great work. My faith regarding this is bigger than a mustard seed. I want my extended family to be restored.


I know that I'm not the only one in this predicament. I ask you guys to join me in praying for my family. Lots believe God to do exceedingly and abundantly above what I have asked and what I think! Also, if you want to get in on this, leave a comment and we can begin a prayer group for restoration! 




No comments:

Post a Comment