Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's in a Name??

Most people who know me well know that Jeremiah was given my Papa's initials (JB). I simply adored my grandfather and wanted nothing more than to honor him in that way. What I didn't expect was for Jeremiah to be so much like Papa! Yes, my son has characteristics of someone that he never had the pleasure of meeting. What characteristics? Jeremiah never meets a stranger! He talks to everyone that he sees. And I mean everyone. Also, he has a temper. He likes to show off his possessions. 

I have wondered and wondered how this happened. I came to a conclusion--I spoke it into existence. I call Jeremiah "JB" on a regular basis. I tell him about Papa. I SPOKE it. 

Then I began to wonder how many times we speak things into our lives.  We say we're broke...and then wonder why we're broke. We say we'll never find a mate...and then complain about still being single. We say, "I don't think this business will work," and then wonder why it fails quickly. We have to stop speaking death and start speaking life!! Change your words, change your life! 

After all, God SPOKE the world into existence. If that same power lives within us and our words are constantly words of defeat, death and negativity, can we really he surprised when all falls down?

"The tounge has power of life and death; those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21



No comments:

Post a Comment