Thursday, July 25, 2013

The thirst

As little girls, we often dream of our wedding day. It is deeply ingrained in most of us to desire a husband and children. I literally had my wedding planned by 2000. I got married in 2007 and I didn't even have a wedding.

Sometimes we, as females, let desiring a husband take over our minds. It becomes our main focus. I'm terribly guilty of this. When I first started really reading my Bible and cultivating a relationship with God, I allowed my focus to shift to desiring a husband. What's sad is that at the time I was definitely not prepared to be anybody's wife. 

When I got married, I STILL wasn't ready. Why? Because I spent all that time say dreaming about marriage instead of actually working on myself. Being impatient is not God's plan for our lives. It is so important that during our single time that we focus completely on Christ and let Him begin a work in us. 

A lot of us have deep seeded issues that must be worked out so that they won't cause havoc in a marriage. We should be spending that time working on our issues and not daydreaming and thirsting after a man! Sadly, many of us have allowed a husband or marriage to become an idol. Instead of worshipping the Creator, we are worshipping the idea of marriage. That's not the way to go, trust me. 

Wait patiently. And while you wait, focus on God and becoming whole. 

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass." 
Psalm 37:4-5


No comments:

Post a Comment